Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Felting Wool?

Is there such a thing as CADD? Crafting Attention Deficit Disorder. If there is, I surely have it. As soon as I've made a few of something I am wandering off to do something new (to me). The latest thing I am going to try is wool felting. I have been reading and I've been to the thrift store and found some nice old wool sweaters to try it with. I like the idea of upcycling stuff and trying a new craft. I'm still not clear about the right terms. Is it felting or fulling? I don't know and I guess it doesn't really matter. So, I am going to try felting these old sweaters and making something really cool out of them. We'll see how that goes. If I make anything that is showable, I will post some pictures.

Before I go, I want to leave some links. This one has some nice projects for felted wool.
http://www.woolcrafting.com/using-felted-wool.html
http://www.craftstylish.com/item/28190/how-to-make-a-machine-embroidered-felted-wool-tote

No comments:

Post a Comment